We Stand With: The Global Goals
On September 25th 2015, 193 world leaders will commit to 17 Global Goals to achieve the following over the next 15 years:
End extreme poverty - Fight inequality & injustice - Fix climate change
At Whitby, we a proud to stand with the Global Goals - specifically the pursuit of a quality education for all and gender equality.
TARGETS : Quality Education
- By 2030, ensure that all girls and boys complete free, equitable and quality primary and secondary education leading to relevant and Goal-4 effective learning outcomes
- By 2030, eliminate gender disparities in education and ensure equal access to all levels of education and vocational training for the vulnerable, including persons with disabilities, indigenous peoples and children in vulnerable situations
- Build and upgrade education facilities that are child, disability and gender sensitive and provide safe, nonviolent, inclusive and effective learning environments for all
TARGETS : Gender Equality
- End all forms of discrimination against all women and girls everywhere
- Eliminate all forms of violence against all women and girls in the public and private spheres, including trafficking and sexual and other types of exploitation
- Eliminate all harmful practices, such as child, early and forced marriage and female genital mutilation
For more education about The Global Goals visit: http://www.globalgoals.org/
Whitby Handbags is a socially conscious luxury accessories line devoted to the abolishment of modern-day slavery and human trafficking through the funding of girls and boys educations around the world. Founded by Britt Adams in August 2014, Whitby launched their first collection in August 2015 with the Codet Satchel. Whitby is committed to donating 30% of their profits to nonprofit partners in Haiti, Iraq, Thailand, and Peru. The new collection will be available for purchase online and at select retailers Spring 2017.